It’s time for your engagement session and the question of “What am I going to wear!?” is looming over you! This is supposed to be fun and a great excuse to get dressed up with your fiancé, so don’t fret! I have some simple tips to keep in mind and I always send my couples a super detailed Style Guide for extra inspiration!
So here we go. . .
• First thing to keep in mind: There is no such thing as “too dressed up” when it comes to your engagement session, so don’t be afraid to have some fun!
• Long, flowy dresses and skirts look amazing on camera because they bring extra movement to the photos. Especially when juxtaposed with nature, like the mountains, forest, plains or fields.
• When choosing colors for your outfits, I recommend selecting lighter tones and more muted shades. By avoiding ultra-bright, bold colors, it will help bring all the attention to your faces and let the eye focus on the way you feel about each other.
• As you’re coordinating your outfit with your finance’s, keep in mind that your outfits will look the most cohesive on camera when the color palettes coordinate, but don’t necessarily “match.”
• Flatter your features! In my experience, every woman, regardless of her shape has an area of her body that she’s self-conscious about, so recognizing what that is in advance is key. Choosing flattering silhouettes and colors that compliment your natural features is the best way to ensure you’ll love the way you look in your photos.
• Pairing an accessory or two with your outfit can really help bring some extra dimension to your images.
• Professional hair and makeup is on the top of most of my brides’ checklists because it looks amazing and removes the stress of getting ready on your own.
• A Little Extra Polish: Don’t forget, your ring will be center stage, so give yourself permission to get it cleaned and your nails done, too!
• Long pants and closed-toed shoes are the most sophisticated and masculine looks for men.
•Many of my grooms love to mix a suit coat, blazer or sport coat with a different pant color. Layers on men look great on camera, so even when it’s hot outside, trust me when I say that it’s worth an hour or two of discomfort for photos that will last you both a lifetime.
Hope these tips help you start getting some great outfits going! When we book your engagement session I will send you my details Style Guide for even more great tips!